Miami transfer breaks Jericho Cotchery’s Carter-Finley Stadium record for receiving yards in a game
Marshall University fell to NC State 37-20 this evening in Raleigh, but Tyre Brady had a night to remember. The Homestead, FL native had 11 catches for 248 yards and a 75-yard touchdown reception, breaking Jericho Cotchery’s Carter-Finley Stadium record. It was also the fifth best performance ever for a Conference USA wide receiver.
Tyre Brady played two seasons for the Miami Hurricanes making 9 catches for 112 yards and a touchdown in 2015. He is a former three star recruit, and was rated the 104th best wide receiver of the 2013 recruiting class. He decided to transfer to Marshall in early 2016, and used his redshirt season while sitting out.
Brady leads the Thundering Herd in receiving so far this season. He has 14 total catches so far for 302 yards and two touchdowns. Marshall returns home next week for a matchup with Kent State.
Carter-Finley Stadium Receiving Yards Record:
- Tyre Brady, Marshall, 2017 248 yards
- Jericho Cotchery, NC State 2003 217 yards
Conference USA Receiving Yards Record:
- Donnie Avery, Houston vs Rice 2007 346 yards
- Carlos Henderson, Lousiana Tech vs UMASS 2016 326 yards
- Kendrick Lee, Southern Miss vs Houston 1996 260 yards
- Roddy White, UAB vs Tulane 2004 253 yards
- Tyre Brady, Marshall vs NC State 2017 248 yards